Sai, Temari (c) Masashi Kishimoto
art (c) me
Temari is walking alone through Konoha's streets. This village is different from Suna. Suna is full of sand while Konoha is full of trees. There are tall trees as there are small ones. Exactly as the buldings. Tall buldings, small houses. Suddenly, she can see a familiar figure on top of one of those houses. This figure is walking on the roof and then sitting down. Then she keeps on walking, looking up at that figure. With some other steps, now she can recognize that person. He is the shinobi she's kissed some weeks ago, the last time she was in this village. She knew she could meet him again when she returned here. And now that she's looking at him, she's smiling. Sai. Such a strange boy. A nice one, of course, but he's very strange. She doesn't know anything about him. She doesn't know who he is, his clan, his past... Too many questions with no answers... But why has she got all these questions about him?? And, primarily, why had she kissed him?? They were talking, discussing, even arguing, and suddenly she kissed him. She's not understanding why she did such an impulsive thing, yet. She can remember the warm of his lips on hers... She can remember how he greeted her, his voice a bit amused... But looking at him now, he's got nothing about amusing. He's on that roof, sitting with an austere posture. He seems sad. Alone. Yes, he seems alone. Where are his teammates?? Why aren't they with him?? She climbs on a near house and then she jumps on that building. She stops just for an instant, standing, thinking that she knows nothing about him or about what is passing by him. Maybe he wants to be alone... But she wants to give it a try. Then, she starts walking, getting closer to him.
He is thinking about his teammates. They don't trust him yet. They don't consider him a true member of their team. He's still not a friend to them. Then, that evening he decided to leave them at Ichiraku's, trying maybe to find some inspiration for his drawing, somewhere. He's watching around, not finding the right inspiration for drawing. He's finding just loneliness. He's alone. He hasn't find someone who could treat him as a normal person yet. But suddenly he hears some noises behind him. Someone is walking towards him. Who could be?? Those steps are getting nearer and when he's seeming to recognize them, he can smell a special perfume. He's got no doubts anymore. Temari. What is she doing here?? When did she arrive here, in Konoha?? While he's asking these questions in his mind, she sits down near him. The last time they've met, she kissed him. Does she want to kiss him tonight?? He's read so many books about feelings and relationships in the weeks following that event. But he hasn't find a right definition of their relationship or of his feelings yet. He just knows that he liked feeling her lips on his mouth. It was a strange sensation but a good one too. He'd never kissed someone until that moment. And now he doesn't know what he should do. Should he greet her?? Should he say anything?? Not knowing what to do, he chooses to stay in silence. They're not talking. They're not looking at each other neither. But suddenly she talks.
- Am I disturbing you??
- No, you are not.
Silence, again. But this time it lasts not so much.
- When did you come to Konoha??
- Two days ago.
- I haven't seen you around.
- Well, I had to work on something with your Hokage.
- Oh... And when will you leave??
She laughs bitterly.
- Am I bothering you??
Then he looks at her.
- No, you aren't... Maybe I've expressed badly what I wanted to know from you.
- Just a bit.
- I am sorry, Temari.
- Don't worry.
- I'm not so good to socialize.
- I noticed it from the first time we met... You should improve. Maybe you have to practice.
- I don't know how I could do it.
- Talk. Just talk, Sai. Talk with people.
- I've read that it is useful talking in the mirror.
- It's not the same thing. In the mirror you're talking to yourself. You should talk to someone else.
He doesn't say nothing, thoughtful, looking in front of him. Then she looks at him.
- What's wrong??
- Nothing, I was just thinking...
- I don't know who could want to listen to me. I don't think that someone would be pleased to talk with me.
- I would.
He turns on her, looking at her smile.
- I'm saying that I'd be pleased to talk with you.
- Oh... Ok.
Then, she looks at the sky.
- It's a nice night...
- Can I kiss you??
- What?? NO!!
- Why?? You kissed me the last time we met.
- It was a different moment.
- But you've just said that this is a nice night... You seemed romantic. When a woman starts talking about the sky she's always sentimental. I've read it in my books.
- What kind of books do you read!?!?!?!? I was just talking!! I didn't wanted to be romantic or sentimental!!
- Oh... Ok...
Then he looks at the sky too.
- ... However, the moon is beautiful tonight.
- Are you getting romantic now??
- No. I'm talking from an artistical point of view.
- Yes. Artistical. This moon could be a nice inspiration for a drawing of mine.
- Are you an artist??
- I don't know, but I draw a lot.
- Wow... I didn't know you were an artist. Or that you like drawing.
- You never asked.
- Is this a right moment??
- A right moment for what??
- For kissing you.
- Of course no!! You will not kiss me tonight!!
- Ok... And tomorrow??
She keeps on laughing.
- You're crazy!!
- And is it bad??
- ... No, at the moment it is not a bad thing.
- Mmmmm, ok, then I'm happy to be crazy.
- Good to you.
Then they watch the moon together, smiling at it and keeping on talking about them and their lives. According to Sai, being with Temari is nice, even if she doesn't want to kiss him or to be kissed by him. He should find a nickname to give her. He read somewhere in a book that giving somebody a nickname would bring you closer to that person. And he wants to be closer to her because it is nice to be near her, to talk to her, to hear her talking to him, to enjoy her laughing, to see her lit by the moonlight... And he's feeling not alone anymore.
here my new SaiTema work
this is one of my strange experiments about coloring... We can see Sai and Temari in Smurfs-version or in their Avatar-version
oh my... I've hoped they could have turned out better
by the way, I really like how I drew Temari here
she turned out not so bad, didn't she??
however... Let me say that it seems that my inspiration is finally truly back
this is a deviation deeper than the last two I had submitted
I hope you'll like it
let me know what you think about it or about the story I wrote for it!! Am I back with my old stuff??